Sunday, October 21, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

I'm running a bit behind this week, as you can tell, finally posting "Thankful Thursday" on Sunday morning!

Thursday started off awesome - it was only Linda and I in the lap pool and I got some serious swimming done!  My three swimming classes all showed up - and no one else did!  Usually on MEA (Minnesota Education Association) weekend, everyone brings all their siblings and the place is packed, not to mention LOUD!  But not today . . . 

So I hurried home because Sam and I had a hot date!  His co-workers had given him a gift certificate to "Barley and Vine" for all his hard work last year and this was the day we were going to use it.  Sam changed the time of our firewood delivery to 4 p.m. so we would have plenty of time to enjoy our lunch.  

We arrived at the restaurant and it didn't look busy at all - mainly because it was CLOSED!  It didn't open until 4 p.m. - when the firewood arrived.  Fat chance of us going back for dinner.  Wasn't going to happen!  Sam wouldn't go anywhere until all of that wood was packed away.  It's a good thing Domino's delivers!

Half way through packing away the wood, my phone rang.  It was was my doctor from Twin Cities Orthopedic with the results of my MRI.  Friends, my knee is not pretty.  In fact, Dr. Johnson would like to do a complete knee replacement as soon as possible as there's nothing left.  The MRI showed how absolutely bad it is.  Devastating news . . . totally unexpected . . . 

Not the Thursday I expected.  But the God I love IS in control.  And I can be thankful that I do have food.  I can move firewood.  I can even move my knee.  I have access to quality medical care.  I will trust in Him and thank Him for today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment