Saturday, October 6, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . . on a Saturday!

I started work at 8:15 a.m. this morning with a smile on my face.  My so-not-a-morning-person-friend in Seguin, Texas, Sarah, was actually up this morning and we had a texting frenzy on my way in to work.  Sarah is a breast-cancer survivor and it was so good to connect.  (Note:  I was talking into my phone.  Her daughter was laughing at her slow texting.)

Our first group of the day was from the Trios program at St. Olaf College.  They are first time college students in their families.  I volunteered to work the low ropes course and had a blast with both teams.  We ended with a zip and once again, I was NOT left behind on platform two - life is getting better! 

Then, THEY started to arrive!  We had so many zippers today, that at about 5:30 p.m., I said to the girl I was launching, "Ding! Ding! Ding! You are the two hundreth person I have launched today!"  I'm not sure if she really was or not, but believe me, I felt like it!  And it was probably pretty darn close.  

Highlight of the high ropes course at 3:15 p.m.? We had two women from Ukraine, both named Julia (pronounced "You-lia"), who loved the fact that I had been to their home country last year!

Question:  Why did I get the extra dollar in tips today?
Answer:  I went in to our "portable restroom" and cleaned up the disaster I found!   

No comments:

Post a Comment