Sunday, October 14, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . .

I walked in to my most embarrassing moment at Sand Creek yesterday!  I hopped out of my car and a guy got out of the car next to me.  He was so excited to see me (everyone loves the Sand Creek Adventures Mom!) and so glad that we were going to be working together!  

Friends, I had no idea who he was!  I thought it was Sam, who had worked with us earlier this year.  I called him "Sam".  He wasn't Sam.  He was Blaize who hadn't worked with us since last year.  So I said, "Prove you're Blaize.  Show me your tatts."  It was Blaize.  I'd know that guitar on his arm anywhere!  Opps!  Apology . . .

I'd like to tell you the rest of the day went better.  We were short staffed.  Tim had gone home puking sick and we had big groups.  Our course manager, bless her heart, asked me to go all-out-social and calm the masses because we were going to be running late all day!

Blaize hadn't worked on our new line two yet this year, but got a major workout with four rescues in our first group.  If we weren't behind before, we were now.

We had a singles group, "Events and Adventures", book our 3:15 p.m. high ropes time.  I stalled.  I geared up.  I talked.  Anna came.  We started.  We were definitely running late.

I made it up the hill in time for our 4:30 p.m. zip and realized there wasn't enough gear to gear the group up.  So I talked.  I geared up what I could.  I talked some more.  Our gear finally made it up the hill.  We started. 

Bless Maccoy!  He was my less-than-seventy pound friend in the last group.  His family had been told we had a weight vest he could wear.  He could have worn it if I could have found it!  I found the weights.  I knew where they were, but I hadn't seen the vest for a couple of years.  So I told Mac's family about the next best option - buddy zipping!  

After giving Mac the option of zipping with his dad, his aunt, his uncle or me, I was the chosen one!  Yes!  I told him we were going to fly like two m&m's!  I held on to his tether and mine and off we flew!  It was great!

The second line, I filled Mac's harness with caribiners - like a dozen!  I told him that extra weight would give him all the weight he needed to make it to platform three by himself!  Praise God!  He made it with a huge smile on his face!  

Long day . . . busy day . . . late day . . . like I told Sam this morning, I'm glad I was there to be grace for Anna.  I know her story.  Sam does, too, but all that talking just plain tuckered me out!  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment