Saturday, October 6, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . . on a Friday!

I rushed from the Y to Sand Creek yesterday, only to discover, for the second time this year, my team build had arrived before me - and I was a half an hour early!  (Don't ask at what speed I managed that!)

My group was from Brightstar Financial downtown - a bunch of programmers.  We started in the low ropes and filled the place with laughter as well as some deep thought and excellent comments.  From there, we were off to do two elements in the high ropes - the leap of faith and the giant ladder.  We ended with a zip - this time I was NOT forgotten on platform two!

The story of the day I dedicate to those who read this blog from Trinity:

In our time together, it came out that Allison had danced for fifteen years.  She did every thing with flair and grace.  On the zip line, I asked her where she had grown up and learned to dance.

"A small town in southern Minnesota."
"Which one?"
"Willmar."
"I lived in Granite.  Willmar is not a small town."
"Okay, I'm from Sundberg."
"Are you kidding?  Do you know the Reigstads (Don was our pastor at Trinity.)?"
"I am a Reigstad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment