Thursday, October 4, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . .

STRANDED ON TWO!

It was another awesome afternoon at Sand Creek! I had a team build with the staff from a vineyard church up in Detroit Lakes.  They were thinkers.  They worked well together.  They encouraged one another.  It was excellent . . . until we went zipping . . .

Duane (the owner) was on platform two.  I zipped down to two so he could go to three and relieve Anna (the course manager) who needed to be up on top to greet our 4:30 p.m. guests.  

I sent the remaining group from the church down to three and waited for Duane to signal me to come.  He never did.  I watched everyone leave the platform.  I was ready to zip down, but then I realized the brake block wasn't out.  I've been having some struggles getting in to the platforms so I didn't want to risk coming in without the block.  I tried calling Duane.  No answer.  I tried calling Anna.  No answer.  I sadly took the steps off of two and walked the back trail up to the parking lot where I said good-by to my group.  Then I went over to talk to Duane.

"Did you forget anything on platform two today?"  
Puzzled look.  "Umm . . . no."
"You forgot me."
The look on his face was priceless as he realized that's exactly what he had done . . . only at Sand Creek!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment