Wednesday, October 3, 2018

It's NOT PMR?!?

I met with a rheumatologist today, Dr. Prabhu Deepak Udayakumar, and he said, "I don't think you have PMR (polymyalgia rheumatica).  Your Prednisone dose is too high.  PRM should be controlled with 7.5 mg or less."  Knock me over with a feather!

"So, then what's wrong with me?"  "Well, we're going to find out!"  Next Monday morning, I have a fasting lab where I'm going to be checked for everything under the sun.  Okay, slight exaggeration - I'm only going to have nine tests run and hopefully one of those tests will give him a lead.  Obviously, there is definitely something wrong and he is going to do his best to help me!  

Things you need to know about my doctor - he laughs at my jokes!  I admired his wedding ring - it has his wife's name in it - Jenn (at least I can say hers)!  And he's a believer!  Glory!  

Unfortunately, there will be no definite answers until my next appointment which is sadly on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment