Monday, August 6, 2018

The Two Year Plan . . .

It's been almost two years now since I pulled my pinkie/ring finger on the lane line while doing the back crawl.  The first doctor I saw three months after it happened said it would heal on it's own.  No worries!

Sadly, it has never really completely healed.  Over the past month (Gee! Where do I work?), the pain has been increasing to the point that it has been keeping me awake at night.  I finally asked my beloved foot doctor to recommend a hand surgeon who I saw this morning.  

The good news is that it's only ligament damage.  The bad news is it still needs to heal.  Helping me to heal is that shot of pain-infusing cortisone I got right between the fingers this morning - in the next forty-eight hours to two weeks we hope.  Should that not bring healing, physical therapy is on the docket.  Until then, it's just me and my finger buddy . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment