Monday, August 6, 2018

Chosing Joy . . .


"Though the fig tree do not blossom,
    nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
    and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
    and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will joy in the God of my salvation."
Habakkuk 3:17-18

That was my verse this morning because I, my friends, am struggling/fighting/battling depression.  I am a runner who currently can not run.  You runners out there understand exactly what I'm feeling.  Lately, I have had multiple people of all ages open doors for me because some days I can barely walk.  It's hard.  Very hard.  And yet, we hope this condition is only temporary.  That some day I WILL walk again normally.  That some day I WILL run again.  So I am choosing joy in circumstances I DO NOT LIKE believing my God to be bigger than my circumstances.  

I came home this afternoon and read a "Caring Bridge" post from Bill Hamel, a pastor at Trinity who is battling cancer. He shared this song from King and Country:  
"Oh, hear my prayer tonight, I'm singing to the sky
Give me strength to raise my voice, let me testify
Oh, hear my prayer tonight, 'cause this is do or die
The time has come to make a choice

And I choose joy …
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of night
Oh, with You by my side, I'm stepping into the light
I choose joy"

Micah says it's her favorite song - check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment