Thursday, August 23, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . . Meets Thankful Thursday!

We have known since the beginning of summer that today was "all-hands-on-deck" day.  We had roughly one hundred sixth graders from Blake Schools coming out.  Of course, since not "all-hands" could be "on-deck" today, Sam came out and joined us - and got a new free Sand Creek STAFF t-shirt to boot. 

The first thing I was thankful for was that I was given a "dream team" to work with - no new staff to train!  Nope, I was with the "Brothers Graham" - Tim and Mark.  We were all smiles because we KNOW we work well together!

The second thing I was thankful for was we were given low ropes first.  We could get our groups working together right off the bat.  Funny thing was - Mark got the "perfect group" - excellent kids, excellent staff.  Tim got the terrorist children who refused to listen to him - with a great staff.  I had a fun group of kids with the staff who spent her time on the phone - and disappeared during the afternoon.  Really?  Really! 

The next thing I was thankful for was I was not "Launchpad Lucy" today.  That honor was given to staff Sam with the broken leg (not my Sam!).  I was put out at platform two for the FIRST TIME EVER with Alan.  Oh, we had a blast!  And I got to zip, too.

Item four on the thankful list - we got an actual lunch break!  Where we could sit down and eat our food!  Uninterrupted by children!  Lovely!  To top it off, we got our tip of the day after lunch.  Our three groups had ONE chocolate chip cookie left - and they let Mark, Tim and I share it.  Better tip than anyone else got!

Item five was definitely after lunch when we went down the hill and did "wide games" with our three groups.  It was so excellent!  We took turns leading.  We set the next event up.  We shot!  We scored!

Finally, I was thankful for the weather today.  Beautiful weather today!  Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings - Lifetime is already looking at changing their schedule.  Sigh . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment