Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I can't believe . . .

 . . . that I had a seventy-two year old woman roll her eyes at me and pout during Lay Rescuer CPR today!  I was teaching for ISD 196 and while we were testing, she was failing - badly!  Compressions were not deep enough, timing was off, breathing was not effective, she could not keep the pace.  I told her after class that I would NOT give her a CPR card with my name on it because her skills were not what I needed to see.  Friends, that's when she rolled her eyes and began to pout . . . 

Just like I said to my children, "Do not roll your eyes at me", so I said to her, "Do not . . ."  That's when she began to pout.  I told her what I specifically needed to see and I told her I was willing to give her another opportunity.

She decided it was more important to get her CPR card then to argue with me because I wasn't budging and she did it - with great improvement!  Seriously, the word "lazy" had come to mind earlier . . .

She got her card.  She left class.  She returned.  To thank me for being willing to spend the extra time with her.    

No comments:

Post a Comment