Monday, August 27, 2018

Definitely a Monday here!

Seriously, this was the day I'd been looking forward to all summer - the day Sam went back to school!  It wasn't that the way he did things was necessarily wrong.  It was just different.  We had had some frustrating moments this summer with different!  And now he was going back to school (insert big smile!) . . .

His first words to me this morning, "Our dryer's not working."  Excellent.  I'll deal with it.  First I texted three neighbors.  Bless them all!  They all responded with, "Yes, you can use our dryer!"  Since Tron responded first, I carried three loads of laundry at three separate times across the road, up the drive and down the stairs to her 41 minute dryer.  Success!

I called CenterPoint Energy next.  They could get a repairman out tomorrow morning between 8 a.m. and noon.  Would that be okay?  I was thinking it would be at least a week out.  That was fantastic! 

Next up was picking up a rental car at Enterprise.  With Sam going back to work, we could no longer share just one vehicle and my car was going to be in the shop longer than expected.  I caught the phone as I was getting ready to leave.

Jana wanted to do lunch.  She'd bring me to Enterprise.  Awesome!

Seriously, the Ford Focus with New York Plates was DIRTY!  I was shocked.  I shared my shock.  "Really?  It's not clean?  Hello?"  "Well, we can offer you a bigger, cleaner car . . ."  "Um, no thanks!  Let me take some pictures.  It's going to rain this afternoon and I'll just leave it outside!"  Won't be using Enterprise again!  Won't be using the rental either.  Told Sam it was his!

Just another Monday . . . but the laundry's done, the new dishes are in the cupboard, the old dishes are in the garage, the rain is falling.  It could be worse! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment