Saturday, August 4, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . . on a Friday!

It finally happened yesterday.  I became down-right steamin' mad angry at Sand Creek.  It wasn't the first group of zippers for the day or the second sent me off.  Nope, it was our third group for the day - an innocent looking family of four in the high ropes - two brothers and a sister and the youngest brother's son.  

The son, who was in third grade, had issues from the start - making inappropriate comments, not listening and certainly not following directions.  Had he been my child, he would have been pulled aside and spoken to.  He wasn't.  After making it through the high ropes, I got him off the zip, then it was his father's turn.  Understand, father had watched me get son off the line.  

I said to father, "I'm going to grab your ankles (in order to slow you down, bring you to the ladder and help you dismount)."  I can not make this up.  He deliberately, with a smile on his face, pulled up his knees, moved his ankles out of my reach (which did not allow me to stop him), knocked over the ladder and went over the edge where I could not reach him.  D.E.L.I.B.E.R.A.T.E.L.Y. 

His son asked me what I was going to do.  I said, "Nothing.  I'm going to let Alan take care of it."  I was done with them.  I let Alan walk them up the hill while I packed away the high ropes equipment (which we would usually do at the end of the day).

Alan told me afterwards father told him he thought I had said, "Watch your ankles."  Um.  NOT.  "Watch" and "Grab" sound nothing alike.  Not only that - what happened to "I'm going to . . . "?

Fortunately the last group of the day was absolutely fun and wonderful on the zip line.  I guess three (great groups) out of four isn't bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment