Friday, August 31, 2018

Only at Sand Creek - on a Wednesday!

Oh, the things you learn at Sand Creek!

We had a group from Augsburg College near downtown Minneapolis out on Wednesday.  They came in a coach bus, twenty-five students with three leaders.  I was there to welcome them.  While talking to their leaders and gathering waivers, I saw students pull out their regular cigarettes and vape cigarettes. Like everyone was smoking because . . . 

Augsburg is one of the few colleges in the United States that offers a college program for students who are in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction.  This was going to be fun!  (Take that however you want.  I will admit I was a bit nervous, but I shouldn't have been!)  

I got the best group of students who worked so well together.  We had so much fun on the low ropes and then again on the "leap of faith".  Before they left, they wanted a group picture.  I said, "I'll take it."  And they said, "No, we want you in it!"  The funny thing was, it just wasn't my group - it was the whole group that wanted me in the picture.  No other staff.  When you love like Jesus loves - unconditionally - God things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment