Thursday, August 2, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . .

I had resisted signing up to work last night.  After all, it was last NIGHT.  For those of you who know me well, I am the epitome of "morning person", far removed from "night owl".  I can only tell you how glad I am that I finally caved - it was my chance to be in charge (yes, I was the manager)!  

We had a lovely group of eight sixth, seventh and eighth grade Girl Scouts.  This was their last hurrah before the troop disbanded.  They had, for the most part, been together since first grade, but now life was changing and their role in scouting was ending.

They did an excellent job on the low ropes with Tom and I.  They successfully completed the high ropes course.  Then they zipped.  It was like telling all your nieces goodbye, not knowing when you'd see them again.  

Just before they left, their leaders gave us a ginormous tip which brought another smile to every staff face!  Awesome night!   

No comments:

Post a Comment