Friday, August 10, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . .

Today was a personal celebration for me at Sand Creek!  I succcessfully belayed my first high ropes rescue to the ground!  He was a large man who had admitted to me while I was securing his trolley system that he was pushing our weight limit.  

Following his wife and four daughters through the course, he made it  up the cargo net, across the vines, though the Charlie Chaplin and collapsed.  Tim hooked him up and I lowered him down - with one of his daughter's holding me down.  Had she not done that with our weight differential, I would have been flying!  Praise God for Tim who talked me through it, for his daughters who helped us, and for success!  To Him be the glory!

Side Note:  When I arrived at the course this afternoon, there were two people waiting.  I asked if they had checked in and mom said they had actually come early because her son was nervous and didn't want to go.  Since we were the only three at platform one, I was able to gear him up, bring him out to the platform, explain what was going to happen and answer any questions he had.  Friends, we scored!  He zipped successfully!  Another glory story!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment