Thursday, June 21, 2018

Thankful Thursday - There's More!

When I write a "Thankful Thursday" before Thursday, I'm pretty sure that's the best I've got for the week.  This week, God just chose to heap more Thursday blessings on me . . .
  • My first came early this morning at the Y.  As I looked at the lane options, Glenn was my top choice.  He's like in his late 70's, has a crew cut and only swims the sidestroke.  I've known him for years.  I knew could swim with him and come out alive.  Of course, as soon as I popped into the pool, he said he was done.  I said, "Oh, no, Glenn, I told the lifeguards I was swimming with you.  You'll need to do one more lap, or we won't be swimming together."  I took off and sure enough, Glenn did one more lap while I did a couple.  I am thankful for his fun and spontaneity.
  • Jan showed up around 6:30 a.m. in a baseball cap.  Two weeks into chemo for breast cancer she lost all her hair.  We talked a bit.  Then I said, "Jan, I don't know where you stand on prayer, but I am praying for you."  I am thankful that I can share that bit of Jesus with her.
  • At 11 a.m. this morning, we met with Julie at livingWATERS regarding Micah's grad party (it will be held in their fellowship hall next Saturday).  All I could feel was heaps and heaps of grace given to us, surrounded by love, as they freely shared their space with us.  It was amazing . . . we don't attend church there, but Micah has gone to youth group there for three years.  All I could do is say, "Thank you", and smile.
  • Lastly, we found out today that Sam's district has reached a tentative teacher agreement after negotiations yesterday.  It has been a long nasty battle, 356 days without a contract.  Teachers were told to do no unnecessary spending this summer and to look for summer jobs.  We are thankful that rather than a potential strike this fall, there may be a settlement.  Teachers will have to vote, but there is finally hope on the horizon.         
 For this, I am thankful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment