Friday, June 29, 2018

Only at Sand Creek on a Thankful Thursday!

We started at 8:00 a.m. yesterday with a family reunion zipping.  The first one to go was a grandson after my own heart!  He was a bit older and not afraid so I asked him if he wanted to freak out his family.  Of course, he did!  With our new platform, if you jump on the launching pad, the whole platform rocks - and it rocks well!  We jumped three times and got around thirty people to scream!  Not bad . . . 

After they left, it was time for "rescue practice on the high ropes".  Yup, I was "on belay" and jumping like a maniac to get all 100 pounds of Nicole up and off the line.  I don't know what I'm going to do for a "big boy", but I got the "hang" of it!  Let's hope adrenaline kicks in . . . 

After lunch, it was time to check the first aid kits.  We were laughing as we read the expiration dates on some of the stuff - 2017 wasn't nearly as bad as 2013!  Whoops!  Time to get some new stuff . . . 

Then we had the afternoon rush.  It turns out that all the roads in the west metro are either under water or under construction - or so we've been told.  People were late, people were lost, people were added, people were fun - and all of a sudden, it was 6:15!  Never mind that I was off at 5:15.  I got in the final zip with a mum and her two daughters who left a generous tip to make up for the day before . . . because good things only happen at Sand Creek! 

No comments:

Post a Comment