Saturday, June 9, 2018

PMR - The Slow Road

I found out yesterday that I'm on the slow road to recovery with my PRM  - polymyalgia rheumatica.  For the third time, rather than decreasing my medication dose, we're back at ground zero and increasing it.  Then rather than trying to decrease it on a weekly basis, we're now going to try it on monthly basis and see if that makes a difference.  Not what I wanted.  Not what I was hoping for.

But I am reminded again and again - it's all a matter of perspective.  Walking is difficult, but I can walk - unlike the student who graduated with Micah in a wheel chair because he is fighting brain cancer.  Rolling over in bed may be challenging, but I can roll over unlike my mother-in-law.  My chest hurts, but I still have the original chest - not like my friend Sarah who is sending me videos of what they did and are doing to her after her double mastectomy!       

So I thank God that hope may be on the horizon and I am waiting for His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment