Sunday, June 20, 2021

You'll Never Believe . . .

. . . What happened at church today!  Of course, the story goes back to our first zip of the day yesterday at Sand Creek.

We had two sisters in the group, Heidi from Pennsylvania and Renee who had moved to Minnesota when she got married.  Heidi kept saying, "Here I am, ____ years old and ziplining! Can  you believe it?"  And I kept thinking, "Hmmm . . . I'm the same age and I'm working here!"  Then she'd say, "Renee is _____.  Do people this old often zip here?"  And I'm thinking, "Some of us who are even older work here!"

When I got home, I told the fam about the sisters and I'm like, "Do I just look or act younger?  It was SO funny!"

Fast forward to church this morning.  We had just sat down and here came Renee.  She's goes to Berean, too.  The sisters had seen me walk in and were nudging each other, "There's the zip line lady."  Renee came over to say "hi".

Naturally, the story could only get better.  I felt a God-nudge so I asked Renee her last name.  She told me and I was pretty sure we had worked together almost twenty-five years ago teaching swimming.  I asked her.  I was right!

Only God could orchestrate such a story!  We gave each other hugs at the end of the service knowing we might not see each other again until heaven, then Sam, Micah and I walked out.  And they agreed . . . I did look younger!

No comments:

Post a Comment