Thursday, June 17, 2021

Thankful Thursday!

This week, I've been working at ISD 196 teaching eighteen thirteen-, fourteen- and fifteen-year-olds how to be swimming instructors while mentoring four other staff in how to teach the water safety aide class class.  To say it's been insane would be an understatement.  To make it worse, those in charge had forgotten that not only would we be out of ratio for CPR and First Aid (1:10, not 1:18) as I was the only instructor on our team, but two additional people were allowed into the CPR class (now giving me a 1:20 ratio).  To bring it over the edge, two of the staff I was mentoring I had issues with.  They would bicker and disagree in front of the class.  They would share incorrect information that I would then have to correct.  They would try to correct the information I was giving to the class even when I was the only one certified to teach the class.  I was worn out by Monday!

Today, I am thankful for

  • Anya and Rain who were my stalwart trainees throughout the session;
  • Eighteen wonderful students.  They really were a delight!
  • Teija, who heard my cry for help and removed the staff-in-training who was creating the most challenges for me ALL-DAY-LONG.  It couldn't have been better!       

No comments:

Post a Comment