Tuesday, June 8, 2021

School's out for summer!!!

Today was last day of school in Lakeville for elementary students!  We brought out a bucket of chalk so that the kids could mark up the blacktop.  Second grade recess went fine.  First grade recess went fine.  Then came fifth grade recess . . . 

One of the fifth grade girls came over to me and said one of the boys had written a naughty word in Spanish.  Naturally, I asked the fifth grade boy if he had and sure enough, his friend told him to, so he did, but he didn't know what it meant.  I guarantee you his friend did!

About that time Aimee came out with her fifth graders and came over to see what was going on.  One of her Spanish-speaking students verified that it was a naughty word and would not tell us what it meant because it was so bad.

That left the writer and the instigator coloring with chalk in the heat of the day until the word disappeared.  They also got disciplined by the principal.

I asked Aimee later what it meant.  She said it was really bad and I should Google it.  I Googled it.  It was really bad.  But, hey, school's out for summer . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment