Saturday, June 26, 2021

Only at Sand Creek . . .

 Our first group on the zipline this morning included four friends and six Girl Scouts with their leader, Missy.  It was a cloudy, dark day with threatening rain.  Our conversation went something like this:

Girl Scout on Platform One:  "I felt a raindrop.  It's raining."

Me:  "I'm sure a bird just flew overhead and you got a drop of bird pee."

Different Girl Scout on Platform Two:  "I felt a raindrop.  It's raining."

Me:  "I felt a rain drop, too, but that only means it's sprinkling."

Different Girl Scout on Platform Three:  "I felt a raindrop.  It's raining." 

Me: "You're right!  It is!"

And so the rain fell, through the rest of that zip, over our lunch break and on into the second zip of the day and into the third zip.  I bring up the third zip only because we had two sisters from Portland on that zip and they were overheard saying, "Hey, this is just like home!"  

Fortunately for Ethan and I, all of our 4:30 p.m. zippers either cancelled or rescheduled and we were able to go home soaking wet.    

No comments:

Post a Comment