Sunday, June 6, 2021

Only at Sand Creek . . . on a Saturday!

It was a toasty 101º on my car thermometer when I pulled into Sand Creek around 4:00 p.m. yesterday to do a team build for the Air Force.  I was pretty excited because, as most of you know, Sam was in the Air Force for almost six years.

I got to do a quick zip-line tour before they arrived - always fun!  Then I got the unexpected.  It wasn't the Air Force.  It was the Air Force Reserve with their families and they didn't know each other.  We made a quick change of plans and had a blast!

We did some low ropes team building, the leap of faith and the giant's ladder down in the high ropes, and ended with a three-zip. tour.  Unfortunately, co-worker Blaize never got the memo on the zip line.  He was supposed to keep some people at platform two so I could zip down and send them to platform three while he caught and sent at platform three and Ethan caught at platform four.  I must have asked five or six people to use their best military voice and COMMAND Blaize to hold people at platform two.  Eventually he did and the rest of the night went great!    

No comments:

Post a Comment