Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Only at Sand Creek . . .

 Ethan worked his other job today so that put me in charge at Sand Creek.  Our first zip contained the three cousins, the Russians and the latecomers.  

The cousins were great.  One went to Lakeville North and when he named his least favorite teacher there, I responded with, "Oh, the crazy cat lady."  Yikes!  Now how did I know that, Micah?  

The Russians were just a fun family with dual citizenship.  I learned some cultural things from them and enjoyed watching their faces go from fear to fun!

The latecomers were just unhappy, bordering on crabby.  Now, it certainly wasn't my fault they were late, but somehow I was the one to blame!  For everything they didn't like.  Which was mostly everything.  Oh, well . . .

Thanks to the latecomers, we missed our lunch time and hurried to send a family from Nebraska zipping.  Never have I ever been unable to put someone on the cable on platform two, but I couldn't get the oldest (unbelievably short) daughter up.  I finally got the step stool, put it on the platform and was able to hook her up.

Another fun day at Sand Creek, also known as "Terrific Tips on Tuesday"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment