Sunday, June 6, 2021

Only at Sand Creek . . . on a Sunday!

Saturday night, Ethan asked me if I could work at Sand Creek on Sunday.  I said, "Ethan, I have had one day off in the past thirteen days.  No."  But as I drove home and prayed, I decided it would not kill me to come in for the one hour of extreme client overload which was absolutely NOT Ethan's fault and relieve his pressure.

Sam and I talked about it when I got home and we decided if he stayed home from church and got his report cards, he would come, too.  Decision made, Ethan thrilled, I went off to church this morning while Sam stayed home to work on those dastardly report cards.  

Speaking of off, our internet went off this morning which meant not a single report card was done before lunch.  Sam, being a man of his word, said he would still come to Sand Creek since it would only be an hour.  He was going to do some low ropes with a group of Girl Scouts and I was going to do a zip-line tour with twelve.

Naturally, his Girl Scouts were all fifth graders from the Roseville area and he had an amazing time with them.  

On the flip side, I had a soon-to-be-married couple and ten family members who had been together at a wedding yesterday - ALL twelve believers!  Even better than that - some of them were YWAMers*!  We had a blast!  Faith is such an amazing bond!  As they left, we were able to say, "See you in heaven!"  Glorious.

Sadly, due to the high winds today, Blaize GOT to do four or five rescues off of platform two (we lost count!) which made us late finishing up.  Sam's 1.5 hours of work ended up being 2.5.  He's downstairs now, showered, eating and using the internet which came on at 1:00 p.m. to finish his report cards.  No regrets, just lots to do.

*Until 2003, Mercy Ships was a part of YWAM, leaving an amazing bond between these two organizations.  Shippers and YWAMers share lots of love!  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment