Friday, June 4, 2021

Thankful Thursday

My Thursday started off with what was supposed to be a quick lab, until the phlebotomist said, "I can't take your blood today.  It hasn't been six weeks since your last lab."  

Maybe you remember my post on Mr. Incompetent?  I was pretty sure he had taken the wrong tests on May 4.  Yesterday proved it.  Now, instead of running in and getting a lab, I had to contact my doctor's office to see when to reschedule the labs.  I got to contact the clinic liaison and explain what the phlebotomist on May 4 had done wrong.  I got to contact my insurance company to let them know I was being billed for tests that were incorrectly taken.  I had to reschedule my labs and eventually will return again.  I was in a rather foul mood.  

Until I got home and read my friend's CaringBridge post.  She's having her fourth brain surgery, one with limited options:

  • Twenty percent chance of chance of catastrophic failure, which could mean death, a severe stroke or a debilitating stroke;
  • Do it now or watch a decline.  The surgery might show a slower decline.
  • This surgery might offer a better opportunity to live life to the fullest.
  • Scary, but necessary.
  • Remove tumor up to carotid artery to remove pressure on the brain.   
  • The possibility of speech and physical therapy for six to eight months. 
  • There really is no other option. 
Wow!  That was one quick way to end my private pity party!  I sent her a text.  "Lunch.  When?  I'm off work at 12:45 p.m. today."  She met me at my house and we went to Red Robin where we spent a couple of very good hours together.  When she dropped me off at home, I told her I was having a crappy day until I read her post.  Then, I was very thankful I was not her.  My concerns are absolutely nothing compared to hers.  She just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment