Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thankful Thursday!

This week at work, we've been discovering the difference between "remediation" and "acceleration".  Covid has brought major learning challenges to our school districts and as a result, now that we're back in person we have to determine what meets our students needs the best.  

Part of my job will be to work on acceleration using a push in model in fifth grade.  Instead of pulling students out of the classroom and working with them one-on-one, I'll be working alongside the classroom teacher.  

Since I'll be working with fifth graders, I'm moving to the fifth grade wing tomorrow.  Our custodian, Chris, created a sweet space for me!  "My" windows look directly into Suzie's classroom where there are "real" windows that look outside.  (My current space has NO windows whatsoever.). I have a large table to meet with students should I need to pull any out, and absolutely no where to store my personal things (think coat, hat, boots, mittens, lunch, keys, phone, etc.)

But I have seen the other tutor's spaces and I am SO thankful for mine!

Sadly, my favorite fifth grade teacher just texted me.  She's Covid positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment