Friday, January 22, 2021

So Amazing!

Aria is a sweet little first grader at our church who has been battling a malignant brain tumor.  When her mom posted this on her Caring Bridge site this week, I just had to past it on.  It is such an amazing "Glory Story"!

Last week Aria had her third eye check up at Mayo.
 
I still remember the sinking feeling in my stomach in September after the opthalmologist checked Aria post-surgery. At the time, her right eye (which was her "good eye" before surgery) was swollen shut and her pupil was severely dilated. The eye doctor said it was highly unlikely her eye would never get better, but it was just as unlikely her eye would fully recover. At best, we would hope for her eye to regain mobility and some acuity with time, therapy, and possibly surgery. 
 
At the eye check in November, her eyelid was partially open, but her eye could only slightly move. Because she was on the cusp of ending treatment, we were told to come back in January to come up with a plan. I was assured plastic surgery and therapy would help and left preparing myself that those would likely be realities.
 
Since then, Aria has been steadfast and confident that God was healing her vision. I was encouraged when her eyelid continued to lift. I was hopeful that her vision had to be improving when she learned to read. And I watched my sweet girl faithfully thank God each night for the healing He was doing in her eyes.
 
At this appointment, the doctor checked her eyes carefully. He double checked. He brought in his colleague to triple check. And then with a huge smile, he shared that Aria's eyes are almost completely back to normal. In his words, it is a little miracle. Her vision is almost completely restored and her eyelid has lifted, but most miraculous, the eye itself is moving as it should. He said if he had not personally seen her at her last two appointments he wouldn't believe it. I cried when he said Aria will not need surgery or vision therapy, and we can throw away her eye patch because she no longer needs it. 
 
My heart is overflowing with gratitude and joy. God is teaching me so much about faith and healing through Aria and the work He is doing in her body and her heart. 
 
Thank you for rejoicing with us and cheering us on. 
 
Love and Gratitude, 
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment