Saturday, January 23, 2021

Hand Me Up's

If you really know me, you know I really don't like shopping - for shoes, for clothes, for groceries, for anything!  Never have, never will. 

One of my best friends from high school retired last year as the Chief Financial Officer at Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, Iowa.  When she heard I was finally getting a more professional job this fall, she offered me some "hand me up's".  

Understand, Beth and I have been friends since we met in Sunday school when we were three years old.  We have maintained that friendship for over fifty years.  Beth was the center for our girl's basketball team (translation: tall) while I was a cheerleader.  She was the pitcher for our softball team.  I played outfield.  We have biked more miles together than any other friend I have.  

The clothes arrived today.  All three pairs of pants were way too long and a bit too big (they slid right off over the hips!), but the black jacket with a red sweater will do nicely along with the teal button down (minus the purple sweater).  Micah doesn't like the brown jacket.  I think it's a hoot!

Prepare to see me stylin' in my new "hand me up's!"

No comments:

Post a Comment