Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

As we entered Day Four of the "Deep Freeze", the "Bold North", the "Icecapdes" - whatever you want to call it! - it was also Day Four without school and every child and their mother who were members at the Y showed up to swim today!  Trust me, that was NOTHING to be thankful for.  But what there was to be thankful for was this:
  • That I could still tell the first-grade twins who came swimming with their little sister who did have lessons with me today apart!  Woo hoo!
  • That the big brother who said, "Do you remember me?  You had me in swimming lessons.  I'm here with my little sister.  You had her, too" never caught that I by-passed his first question and instead, was so happy that I replied, "I've already said 'Hi' to your sister!  It's so good to have you here!"
  • That I asked Mathew his big brother's name before I talked to him.  He was so excited I remembered him - and he showed me his loose tooth!  
  • That I ran into Michelle, one of my favorite mom's, in the lockeroom and she did NOT take her twins swimming today!   
And most of all, let's be thankful that tomorrow's heat wave brings us above negative numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment