Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Parents on the Deck

Somehow this session, I got a lot of shifts as the "deck manager".  That simply means my job is two fold:
  1. Make sure all of the students are in the right swimming levels;
  2. Make sure all of the teachers are doing their jobs well and correctly.
And if all of that is going well, that means I have some time to talk with parents:
  1. I was able to give a potential name to a parent for piano lessons;
  2. I was able to (enviously!) talk to a dad from Kenya about running marathons;
  3. I was able to speak with a mom about ADHD meds;
  4. I was able to give information to a dad about a grant to help pay for lessons for his oldest daughter who said to me with big brown eyes, "Can't you put me in a class?  I want to learn how to swim better."

No comments:

Post a Comment