Tuesday, January 1, 2019

"Say what?"

We received a $10.00 JC Penny's Reward Certificate today so I took my very favorite daughter shopping for new underwear.  We found a package of six for $30.00, but with $10.00 off, I said we could buy them.  It's not always easy to find something in her size that she likes, nor is it always easy to bring along a cooperative shopper.  Today I had both.  We were done.  We went to checkout.

We gave the person at the register the panties.  We gave her the coupon.  I pulled out my credit card.  She rang us up.

"That will be forty-nine cents."

"Say what?  Those were $30.00 underwear."

"But they're on sale and with your coupon, that's forty-nine cents."

Seriously, we laughed all the way home.  Who buys six pairs of underwear for forty-nine cents?  That's a little over six cents a pair!  Awesome sale!  

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment