Thursday, January 24, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

While walking into the Y today, pondering which looked worse - my bed head or my hat head? - I ran into my friend, Jan.  Jan's battling breast cancer for the second time, and hopefully, the tests this week will say she's winning.  She laughed at my ponder and said she was just thankful to have hair once again!   I, too, am thankful for Jan's hair!

When I got into the pool, I was the only one in the lap lane.  It was wonderful.  I was able to swim non-stop.  I swam 2.25 miles, my longest swim on my bionic knee.  I was so thankful for a nice, long uninterrupted swim.

I thought of that old English nursery rhyme when I finished teaching my three classes today, "Thursday's child has far to go."  Not sure exactly what it means, but I can tell you without a doubt that my Thursday classes are definitely my sweetest children and there are even a couple of good swimmers in the group, to boot!  I am thankful for Thursday's children.

It is "Super Clean Thursday" at our house today and I gave Micah the option -  "Would you rather walk the dog or mop the kitchen/dining room floor?"  She chose the floor!  My knee and I were ever so thankful for that - even if it was an invigorating -28º F wind chill outside!  

May your Thursday be as filled with thankfulness as mine!   

No comments:

Post a Comment