Sunday, January 6, 2019

Crazy Confident in God!


Today's sermon was taken from Hebrews 10:35-11:3.  Somewhere in there, Pastor Wes said, "We do crazy things because we are absolutely confident in God."  Crazy things like Abraham going to the Promised Land without even knowing where the Promised Land was or Noah building an ark when it had never even rained before or God promising to build a nation from Abraham who was very very old and very very childless.  

 And I thought, "Wow!  What crazy things have I done because I was absolutely confident in God?"  Here are just a few in no specific order:  
  • While recovering from a concussion, stuttering when I was tired, and not sleeping at night, I went with my seventeen-year-old daughter to Ukraine with "No Longer Music" because I knew without a doubt God wanted me there.  Little did I know it was to heal me!
  • Barely able to walk and struggling with polymyalgia rhuematica, I accepted a position at Sand Creek Adventures as the Team Build Course Manager because I knew God would take me through and He did - to His glory!
  • I brought my fourteen-year-old son to Togo during a period of civil unrest because we felt God say, "Go!"  And I have to believe that there some day there will be fruit in Matt's life from our time sailing from Togo to Tenerife.
  • I traveled thirty-two hours one-way by plane to bring my multi-racial children to East London, South Africa to live in a hotel with prostitutes outside our windows at night and to serve on Mercy Ships. Ask our children about East London and you will hear the most amazing stories . . . 
  • We lived under ship security, port security and UN security in Monrovia, Liberia where our daughter almost died because we believed God said to "go!"  Our lives are forever changed . . . 
  • Believing God was bigger than sub-Saharan tropical illnesses, we obediently returned to Africa.  This time to Cotonou, Benin.  Since then, we've found out our children are of Beninese descent and their ancestors may have truly come from "the Point of No Return" to America.  God also provided our daughter with health . . .
  • While the country was still recovering from civil unrest, we found ourselves obediently serving with Mercy Ships in Freetown, Sierra Leone.  Just yesterday, we were laughing from the memories . . . 
  • Birkenhead, Torshavn and Rotterdam?  You want us to go where, Lord?  The song we sang on our very first service with Mercy Ships was "Yes, Lord!  Yes, Lord!  Yes, yes, Lord!" and we just keep singing it . . . to His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment