Thursday, January 10, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

I knew it would be rough going back to the Y this week and that I would probably have to invest more time into people than I really wanted to.  Fortunately, I had given Sam a book for Christmas, "Forty-two Seconds" by Carl Medearis, that I had read before I wrapped, because, after all, I was home recuperating and reading is better than TV any day of the week! 

The premise of Carl's book is that forty-two seconds is the average length of Jesus' recorded conversations.  Jesus changed the world, person by person, forty-two seconds at a time.  And I could give forty-two seconds to each person I saw today . . . 

I am thankful for my forty-two seconds with Bill.  His immediate family and extended family had gone through some major health issues while I was gone.  He thanked me for letting him share.

I am thankful for my forty-two seconds with Nan.  Her daughter, Kelly, who I know is having a baby in April and they are all excited!

I am thankful for my forty-two seconds with Elin, who was so happy that I was still teaching at the Y because she so wanted her daughter to have me for a teacher.  I had had her twin sons two years ago.

I am thankful for my forty-two seconds with Sue and the fact that I was able to bring a smile to her face, along with encouragement.

I am thankful for my forty-two seconds with the two sweet ladies in the locker who I have been talking to for months, yet don't know their names.  They totally brought me up to date on total knee replacement, as well as various other scars, as we compared stories for a lot longer than forty-two seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment