Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Cookies in the Back Room

 Nan, from the previous post, brought in all of the Christmas cookies she was tired of eating for the pool staff today.  My plan to resist, even though she had brought in some of my favorites, went down the tubes when I sat down to do my paperwork after class right beside the cookies.

First I tried a peppermint bark one; then a chocolate covered peanut butter cracker; followed by peppermint kiss on a pretzel; then it was the Rolo on a pretzel (Ana had one with me); I had to try the Chex mix bars - and will probably need that recipe for Matt; and lastly, it was a regular kiss on a pretzel.  I showed great restraint and didn't have a single sugar cookie because, after all, there is NO chocolate in a sugar cookie!
 
The lifeguards laughed when I told them I had lined the cookies up on the table according to MY favorites so it would make it easier for them to eat them this afternoon!  

Would it help if I told you that I was actually able to swim a mile today - first time since surgery! - and a bit hungry when I began to sample?

No comments:

Post a Comment