Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

Today, I am thankful that I am being "spared".  Tomorrow, weather permitting, Sam will be traveling down to his mother's visitation followed by her funeral on Saturday.  We have decided that my traveling on a new bionic knee would not be a wise decision.  We didn't even ask the doctor - it's just not worth the risk for us.

Lorna, Sam's mom, and I never connected.  Twice yesterday, I got phone calls telling me how wonderful she was and how lucky I was to have her as my mother-in-law.  Both calls went on and on and on . . . talking about a side of her, both Sam and I agree, I never got to experience or see.  

So I am thankful to be able to spend this weekend here in Minnesota, where I won't have to watch my tongue, where I won't inwardly be seething, and my knee can continue to heal.   

No comments:

Post a Comment