Thursday, November 8, 2018

Captain Underpants!

Oh, the stories you just can't make up!  I am the Tuesday night deck manager at the Y this session. 

On Tuesday, I watched in awe as a gentleman, and I'm guessing, his wife came into the pool, walked to the deep end, and sat down.  He proceeded to take off his shoes, his socks, his shirt, his pants . . . You know where I was headed with this!

Fortunately, he had on red plaid boxers.  The truth is you do not need a swimsuit to swim at the Y.  You need "appropriate swim attire."  Now I am of the generation where we used to wear boxers as shorts so I may have been a bit more lenient than others, but I let him go in.

You gotta love it!  He wanted me to watch him swim so that I could tell him if he could swim!  And he started at the deep end . . .

Unfortunately, English was not his first language, but his maybe wife could speak it well.  I made her walk beside me to interpret my comments about his swimming abilities.  

You know, he wasn't bad.  But I did tell her to let him know that next time he came in to swim, he had to wear either a swimsuit or shorts - boxers were NOT going to cut it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment