Saturday, November 10, 2018

Day Off!

Today was my first Saturday off since July 7!  I was stoked!  I woke up early and actually finished my Bible study for Wednesday.  I brushed Annie's teeth.  I started my review for my YSL (Y Swimming Leader) class tomorrow.  

Unfortunately, the computer crashed no less than three times while I was on it.  The most frustrating time was when I was down to the last of fifteen videos and I got to watch all fifteen videos again, plus the one I hadn't watched.

As I finished reviewing, an hour and a half in, I saw that I had an e-mail from Micah.  Annie has not been feeling well - vomiting, not eating . . . Matt had sent a text to all of us saying that "one of the most obvious symptoms of a blocked intestine was vomiting.  If your dog has recently swallowed a sock and begins to vomit (without any sign of the sock reappearing) this is now a veterinary emergency.  Your dog will pretty much need immediate surgery . . ."

We knew Annie had swallowed one sock.  It showed up on her other end.  However, she was missing at least three socks.  I had cleaned the house.  She hadn't hidden them.  (We were using socks to cover the wart she was licking on her paw because she hates her "cone of shame".)

Micah was in her room in tears.  She had to be to work noon, but her dog was going to die and her parents wouldn't take her (Annie) to the vet.  Sam called the vet in order to calm Micah down.  The vet said bring her to the emergency clinic right away.

Sorry, animal lovers, I translated "right away" to "right after my lunch".  We got there by one, had x-rays and they found nothing except food in her tummy/intestines.  They did, however, take almost my entire paycheck from my last two weeks of work at Sand Creek.  And we're to check in with our vet on Monday . . .

I got home fifteen minutes before I was to meet my friend, Laura, at Caribou on the corner.  I beat her there by an entire minute and we had a lovely conversation.  Just good and pleasant and calming after my day . . . 

Unfortunately, the roads were icy when we left but not enough to make us late for church.  Sermon was amazing, leftovers for supper, lunch packed for class tomorrow and now I'm off to pack my pool bag . . . 

All on my day off!  

   IMG_20181110_103005_665_1541867426265.jpg  

No comments:

Post a Comment