Monday, July 30, 2018

Only at Sand Creek . . .

We had a fast-paced day at Sand Creek on Saturday!  I started at 9:45 a.m. and kept going until 6 p.m. with just a few minutes to grab lunch.  The memorable moments?
  • The 10:30 a.m. bridal party on the high ropes course.  As one of the larger party members was struggling up in the air and we were afraid we were going to have to belay him down, Nicole asked me, "How are we going to do it?  He weighs more than both of us put together!"  Yes, he did!  One of us would be on-belay and the other would literally be holding down the person who was belaying!  
  • The same bridal party on the zip line.  Member Mike was TERRIFIED of heights and said he was too large to zip.  Truthfully, he was over our weight limit, but because he was physically fit (unlike above bridal party member!) I knew he could do it!  And he did - much to his delight!
  • When we walked the bridal party up, I discovered our 1:00 p.m. zip had two girls from a Water Safety Aide Class I taught two years ago ("Margo, do you remember us?").  I delayed lunch to zip with them and just had a blast!
  • Three boys who had met at church camp two years ago and had become fast friends were in our 3:15 p.m. high ropes group.  Great guys!  Best line of the day was when I told them they could carry their gear up to the top of the hill, Landon said, "You sound just like my mom.  I like you!" 
  • The four men from Fargo who missed their zip time because the canoe rental company they had used to canoe the Cannon River didn't get them back in time.  They loved my hub stories - "Most Envied Man at Sand Creek".  We got some quality time in . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment