Friday, July 13, 2018

Only at Sand Creek - on a Friday!

As I headed toward Sand Creek, the rain began to fall.  We work rain or shine - and trust me, there was no shine from the sun today!  However, what an awesome group we had!  

"Centro Tyrone Guzman Raices ("roots") Youth Development provides a space for Latine teens to share time with peers in a culturally responsive environment. Raíces youth have a strong sense of self as multicultural, bilingual individuals who think critically and make positive decisions."  I grabbed that from their website because that's who came!

You know your group is great when they work had to work together in the pouring - and I do mean pouring - rain!  After two and a half hours of team building, we trudged through the mud to have lunch. 

The rain began to let up just as we were gearing up for the zip line.  We had heard all morning that phrase, "I'm not going to go on the zip line."  So I began gear up with my phrase, "Everyone is going to gear up.  If, after you come out on the platform ready to zip, you choose not to zip, I'll take you back down.  But no arguments - everyone will gear up."  

Glory!  Not only did everyone gear up, everyone zipped!  Another most excellent day at Sand Creek!

No comments:

Post a Comment