Saturday, October 2, 2021

What a Wonderful Wednesday!

It has been my goal to blog all week, but obviously, it just hasn't happened!  We'll only go back as far as Wednesday . . .

Students have been raising funds at school for a Walk-a-thon that was held yesterday.  For each portion of the goal that was reached, students got to celebrate.  A week ago Friday, we were able to wear hats to school.  On Wednesday, we got to dress up as our favorite Olympian or sports personality.  I went as Regan Smith.  The story only gets better . . .

Obviously, I couldn't wear my swimsuit all day, so I did the next best thing.  I called my friend Carla Regan and asked if her boys had any Lakeville North swim shirts at home that I could wear.  Little does Aiden know . . . 

I borrowed his shirt!

I sat down next to a second grader at lunch who was wearing a swim suit and asked her who she was.  "Regan Smith."  "Me, too!" 

It turns out that 2021 two-time Olympic silver medalist and Olympic bronze medalist, swimmer Regan Smith, attended the elementary school that I work at.

Lori Quall, a second grade teacher, had Regan's picture up on her bulletin board because she was her second grade teacher.  My supervisor, Mo Long, had no Regan pictures up, but she did have the dubious honor of being Regan's third grade teacher.

If only we could have gotten the real Regan Smith!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment