Wednesday, October 6, 2021

New Swim Schedule

The opening lifeguard at the Y resigned last week, which meant beginning on Monday, there were no early morning swims.  Nada.  Zippo.  Sadness.  I decided I could either be a whiner (which is the easiest course to follow) or be a winner and swim whenever I could make it work.  Here's the funny story . . .

I swam at 4:00 p.m. on Monday - and Linda was there.  We used to swim together (before Covid) at 9 a.m. but hadn't swam together recently.

I swam at 2:00 p.m. today - and Linda was there.  

I asked her what the odds were of us swimming together tomorrow.  She said she'll be swimming at 4:00 p.m. and I'm scheduled for 5:00 p.m. so we'll just see each other in passing.

We either need a morning guard or the Y to decide adults can swim at their own risk without a guard!  These afternoons just aren't the same - save for Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment