Saturday, October 2, 2021

Wondering . . .

Thursday morning, I went in to talk with my supervisor, Mo.  Fifth grade got early prep this year so from 9:30-10:30 every morning, I wasn't having child contact time.  Add to that, from 9:00-9:30, fifth grade was having morning meetings, and while it was great fun for me to get to know the kids, it probably wasn't the best use of my time.  So I got moved to first grade from 9:00-10:30 every morning.  I was excited until . . .

We had a tutor meeting yesterday.  There are M*A*J*O*R problems in first grade, specifically in the classroom I will be spending most of my time in.  Great.

I told Aimee, one of the fifth grade teachers, I'd either be running down the stairs at 10:30 every morning with great joy in having survived first grade for the day or in tears because of how challenging it really is.  She laughed and said she had an entire locker full of kleenex just waiting for me!

I told Sam last night, you know, the only way I'm going to make it through first grade is with Jesus and the power of prayer.  I can't do anything.  BUT.HE.CAN!    

No comments:

Post a Comment