Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Data Digs Results

Nothing like the results of the "Data Digs" to totally turn my life upside-down!  Up until yesterday, I was shared equally between the three fifth grade classrooms because as far as anyone knew, the classes had pretty much identical educational needs.  I found out yesterday how inaccurate that perception was . . .

It turns out the classroom that I had spent last year in, and somewhat had tried to avoid this year so I would not be accused of playing favorites, had over 50% of the students qualifying for additional help, compared to the classroom next door in which only 3% of the students (or just one child) qualified for additional help.  

Friends, I'm going home!  I love Aimee and I love working with Aimee!  Today, we worked out a schedule where her classroom IS the priority.  Any time I have left, can be used by the other classrooms.  It's going to be a crazy fall . . . but fun because we'll be together once again!      

No comments:

Post a Comment