Friday, October 29, 2021

Recue Hero!

 

When Matt was little, one of our favorite shows was "Rescue Heroes".  Today, I got to be a real life "rescue hero". 

I had gone for a swim at the Y this morning and returned home without showering to finish my workout when I heard the door bell ring.  We were expecting some packages today, so I said to myself, "Leave it, Amazon man.  I'll grab it later."  When the door bell rang a second time and I could see a person at the door, I decided to check it out.

Joe Rust, who we knew from church, was at the door.  Turns out he had gotten a flat tire on his way to work today.  He dropped his car off at a repair shop, then walked to his son Kevin's house, which happens to be across the street from us.  

Neither Kevin nor his wife were home and Joe really wanted a ride home, so I grabbed my keys, apologized for my appearance and drove him home!

No comments:

Post a Comment