Thursday, October 21, 2021

Thankful Thursday!

Today I'm thankful for health and time and friends.  I am thankful that I feel well and that I only worked two hours (for pay!) this week which allowed me some special time with friends . . .

In the beauty and warmth of Monday afternoon, I met my friend Katie and her four kids at a park between our houses.  Katie has leukemia and it's not getting better.  Add to that, her kindergarten daughter has juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and it's getting worse.  Then, when she brought her three-year old son in for preschool screening, they thought he had cognitive learning problems.  And, did I mention, her husband has started to travel for work?  Last time, he brought home a Covid scare.  I'm thankful for my time with Katie.

Last night, Sam and I went out for dinner with our friends, of whom the wife has early onset Alzheimers.  They leave for Florida tomorrow morning so it was special to spend those few precious moments with them before they return in six weeks.

Tomorrow, Micah and I will be having lunch with my friend who has had four brain surgeries and is now looking at a fifth.  

I am ever grateful for these women and the roles they have played in my life.  And I am so thankful for the time I had to spend with them this week . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment