Thursday, May 6, 2021

Thankful Thursday!

Last night at the Y, I was able to speak with a Muslim mom who grew up in Denmark about black child hair care.  Her daughter's hair was very much like Micah's hair.  A good ten minutes into our conversation, Fatin said she needed to sit down.  It was Ramadan, she was fasting, and she was feeling a bit woozy.  

Never one to pass up an opportunity, I started asking some questions about Ramadan and fasting.  I learned some interesting things, such as pregnant women or women who have their periods don't have to fast, BUT they do have to "make up" the fasting time they missed.  WOW.  No.Grace.  I brought that up.

Then it came out that God does so much for (us) that it is good to pay Him back for His kindness, as stated in the Koran.  WOW.  So much NOT my Bible.

I am so grateful that I am under grace.  That I don't have to do anything to earn my salvation.  I just have to love Jesus.  For that I am thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment