Friday, May 28, 2021

Friday . . .

I brought my students in to Mrs. Bakke's room at 2:35 this afternoon and said, "I'm going to go have lunch now."  (Yup, I had a YUCK lunch schedule this year!) She stopped what she was doing, stopped the class, and said, "Do you all know this is Mrs. Zupke's (pause) I'm going to cry (longer pause with tears) last full day with us?"  The entire class looked at me, somewhat surprised, most all with love . . . Mrs. Bakke composed herself and said, "But she coming back to visit on Thursday so we can say 'Good-bye'".  

I said, "You mean party?"  

Owen said, "It's my birthday that day!"  

I said, "That means we're going to party." 

The joy in my heart . . . the confirmation in my soul . . . that I was where I needed to be as I got to love this fifth grade classroom and their wonderful teacher for ten amazing months!  To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment