Sunday, May 30, 2021

Only at Sand Creek . . .

 Our last group of the included two six zippers.  They had met on-line during Covid and were now beginning to date.  He was from India and Hindu.  She was Hmong and a Christian.  On technically our fourth zip, she asked me about pursuing a relationship with him.  She zipped off and I asked him where he stood with his faith.  

He assured me that his being a Hindu was not going to be a problem.  Of course, Hindu parents approved spouses for their children, but his parents weren't like that.  I told him I was skeptical, but I didn't know them.  I shared what transpired in my life.  While both Sam and I were both definite followers of Christ, our families differed on issues and it was hard for both of us.

At the next platform, he zipped off and she asked what I thought.  I told her I would not pursue a relationship with someone of a different faith than mine.  I gave her just one example of something that had happened to me and she was shocked, hopefully shocked enough to make good and wise choices.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment